Improve Your Health and Mood by Following These 10 Simple Steps
Stuck at work? Don’t get stuck at your desk. Studies show that taking simple breaks throughout the day can help improve your mood and health. Here are 10 simple ways you can improve your health and mood during your lunch hour.
1. Take a 30-minute walk. Walking can help decrease your risk for type 2 diabetes, help you manage your weight, and lower your blood pressure. Here are some tips from the Mayo Clinic on how to get started walking for exercise.
2. Check out quick and healthy recipes online for dinner ideas. The Cooking Light magazine Web site offers hundreds of Superfast 20-Minute Cooking Recipes.
3. Try some simple desk yoga. Ladies’ Home Journal offers 10 poses that will help you relieve stress and keep you alert during your workday.
4. Write down a few things you are thankful for. The Change Blog’s article titled, “How Gratitude Can Change Your Life” explains the benefits of recognizing and recording gratitude.
5. Call a friend for a quick chat.
6. Register yourself for a weekend dance, yoga, or fitness class.
7. Get inspired by checking out a TED talk on a topic of interest.
8. Drink a glass of water. WebMD outlines six reasons to stay hydrated.
9. Listen to your favorite music at your desk on Spotify for free.
10. Check out the OneBreath® Healthy Resolutions contest.
What suggestions do you have for mood lifters during lunch? How do you keep yourself moving at work? Share your ideas at facebook.com/onebreathorg.