Making small changes to your eating habits help you meet your healthy resolutions. Here are four quick and easy ways to incorporate healthy eating into your lifestyle.
Eat fish. Research continues to show that people who eat fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel, cod, and albacore tuna, have a lower risk for developing heart disease. Results of this recent study offer even more support. Add fish to your diet at least two times a week for a positive impact on your heart health.
Choose healthy foods when eating out. Choosemyplate.gov gives excellent tips on how to select healthy foods when eating away from home. You don’t have to give up dining out, but making healthier choices can trim your waistline and improve your overall health.
Plan your meals ahead. Planning ahead before you go to the grocery store will help you choose healthier options, such as fruits and vegetables; avoid junk food temptations; and even save you money. Check out these links for more information on meal planning:
- My Pyramid Meal Planner http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/planner/
- How to save time and money at the grocery store http://www.eatright.org/Public/content.aspx?id=11628
- How to plan and prepare healthy and inexpensive family dinners http://www.ehow.com/way_5283311_healthy-inexpensive-family-dinners.html
Snack smart. Keep healthy snacks at your desk, such as almonds, low-fat cheese, whole-grain crackers, or carrot sticks and hummus. Having healthy snacks handy when a mid-afternoon lull sets in will make you less likely to reach for the candy dish.
Are you making any small changes in your eating and cooking habits to help you meet your new year’s healthy resolution? Share your ideas at facebook.com/onebreathorg.Read More
OneBreath wants to help you get a healthy start in 2012. Share your own healthy resolutions to be entered into our contest, which runs until January 13, 2012, at 12:01 am ET. You could win a Healthy Resolutions prize package valued at more than $200, including a $100 donation to OneBreath made in honor of the randomly drawn winner of the contest; the cookbook, Comfort Food Fix: Feel-Good Favorites Made Healthy by Ellie Krieger, RD, The New York Times best-selling author and host of Healthy Appetite on the Food Network; Nike+ SportBand; $40 Whole Foods gift card; OneBreath drawstring bag; and a Love Your Lungs® wristband.
There are six ways to enter the contest, and you can enter multiple times.
1. “Like” OneBreath on Facebook.
2. Share your healthy resolutions on our Facebook wall. (https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/OneBreath/163703196974528)
4. Follow #onebreathorg on Twitter.
5. Tweet your healthy resolutions and tag @onebreathorg and #healthyresolutions.
6. Tweet about your healthy resolutions and encourage your friends to make their resolutions using @onebreathorg and #healthyresolutions.
We encourage you to tell your friends and family about this contest via Facebook post, tweet, or e-mail, or send a Healthy Resolutions e-card https://www.onebreath.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=364 to encourage healthy habits in 2012 and support OneBreath’s mission!
The winner will be selected randomly and will be announced and notified on OneBreath’s Facebook wall.
a Rafflecopter giveaway